Simu-Seal Practice Chest Seal - Pack of 2 (Blue)
Need some help
Call us on +44 (0) 1952 56 56 70 or click here to email us
Quick and easy online returns process
Earn rewards points to spend online with every order
On all online orders delivered within the UK
Train Like It's Real...
From the makers of Practi-Seal comes the same great training chest seal, colour-coded to "training blue", the universally accepted colour designation for "non-live" training exercises.
"Because the first time you open a chest seal shouldn't be when you're looking at a bullet wound"
Simu-Seal Practice Chest Seals were awarded the JEMS Hot Product 2012 award at the EMS Today Conference 2012
Key features of Simu-Seal:
- Simulates medical chest seal placement in the mock treatment of sucking chest wounds
- Colour-coded to "training blue", the universally accepted colour designation for "non-live" training exercises
- 2 practice chest seals per pack
- 2 pack allows practice of mock entry and exit wounds
- Cost effective
- Resealable tear-open pack
- Single use on skin
- Reusable on manikins (limited reuse)
- Low adhesion to minimise discomfort when removed
- Minimises hair loss
- 3 pull tabs for mock venting and easy removal
- Contains 2 gauze sponges and multilingual instruction card
- The Simu-Seal is a training only device and is not for medical application
In today’s increasingly precarious world, medical chest seals are an essential part of any trauma first response kit. Chest seals are simple medical devices used to treat gunshot wounds and other forms of penetrating chest trauma. The use of these devices requires both familiarity and muscle memory when they are used under stressful, or hostile circumstances. Though commonly carried and employed in live EMS, tactical and combat activations, actual medical seals are frequently underutilised during training, due to cost and the discomfort upon removal from hair covered skin.
The Simu-Seal has been designed to promote the use of medical chest seals and familiarise EMS, Military and Law Enforcement personnel with the indications and use of medical chest seals in the setting of training. This device is both INEXPENSIVE and EASY TO REMOVE from even densely hair covered skin with minimal or no discomfort. Made in the U.S.A. from high quality, latex free, medical grade materials.
- The Simu-Seal Practice Chest Seal is a training only device developed to simulate medical chest seal placement in the mock treatment of sucking chest wounds
- Latex-free and designed with trainee comfort in mind, the Simu-Seal can be applied to intact skin and removed easily with minimal discomfort and depilation (hair loss)
- The tabs on the device allow for practice of porting: a procedure used with non-vented chest seals
- The central hole prevents the use of the Simu-Seal as a medical device and reminds trainee's to center the device to a mock bullet wound
- Designed for single use on skin
- Though reusable on manikins, Simu-Seal is not engineered for extended use on synthetic surfaces like manikins and other synthetic demonstration substrates
- The two pack allows to practice treating both mock entry and exit wounds at a fraction of the cost of medical chest seals
- Packaged in a tear-open pouch with gauze sponges and a multilingual instruction card, the Simu-Seal allows for realistic simulation of tear open chest seal products
- Practi-Seal products are the clear choice to maximise your training budget
The Truth Hurts...
The arm on the left had a medical chest seal placed and removed (note the complete loss of hair). The arm on the right with a watch had a Practi-Seal placed and removed resulting in no hair loss.
Practi-Seal practice chest seals are available in 2 different pack sizes. This model is:
Simu-Seal Practice Chest Seal Pack of 2 (Tear Open)
Practi-Seal and Simu-Seal are packaged in one or two packs to optimise your training experience. If the medical seal you carry is in a peel-open pack then the single pack practice chest seals are right for you however, if you have a tear-open chest seal then this pack of 2 practice chest seals will provide a more rewarding and realistic training experience.
This product is manufactured and sold as a non-medical device intended for training use only. This product is engineered for application to skin but it is not intended for medical use, live tissue use, or for extended use on manikins.
Free and Easy Delivery
All deliveries to the UK are free as standard, however we do have a number of options available in the checkout for next day delivery and Saturday delivery at an added cost.
The FASTEST way to get a refund or exchange for your item is to fill in the returns form within 30 days of receiving your goods. Once supplied with an RMA number goods must be returned complete with the manufacturers packaging and instructions in an un-damaged and re-saleable condition.
Please see our full refund policy for more info on how to return goods.